Collection and use of Personal Information
We collect personal information including name, address, phone number, date of birth, social insurance number and financial information. We use social insurance numbers for identification purposes only. We collect these numbers at the option of the customer, they are not required to complete a credit application. We use the information we collect to:
- Confirm identification.
- Assess credit worthiness.
- Provide leasing and/or financing services to you.
- Promote the services and products of Equilease.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not sell information about our customers to others. Your personal information is a vital part of our ongoing business relationship with you. We will only disclose personal information:
- On a confidential basis, to our agents, suppliers, funders and service providers, to complete the transactions initiated by you.
- If the personal information forms part of an asset or a business that we sell or assign.
- To protect and enforce the rights and property of Equilease.
- To credit rating organizations.
- For fraud prevention or the reduction of the risk of fraud.
- To our affiliates for the purpose of providing you with information relating to products and services that may assist you in achieving your financial goals.
- If the disclosure is required or permitted by law.
- If you request or consent to the disclosure.
Cookies and IP Addresses
A visitor to the Equilease Corporation website, www.equilease.com, is not required to reveal any personal information, such as name, address or telephone number.
Our website collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for the purposes of system administration, to gather broad demographic information and to audit the use of our website to better serve you by helping us manage and improve the content of our website and to diagnose any technical issues. We do not ordinarily link a user's IP address to personally identifiable information of that user. However, we can and will use IP addresses to identify users of our website when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with the Terms & Conditions, when we reasonably believe it is required by law or to protect our service, our website or other users.
Safeguards and Security
Equilease uses SHA-2 2048-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which protects the information you submit to us through our website.
We also provide appropriate physical, technological and organizational measures to safeguard personal information and to protect it from unauthorized access, deletion or alteration. This includes limiting employee access of personal information to those employees who have a business reason to know this personal information.
Questions and Concerns
235 Yorkland Boulevard, Suite 1102
Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4Y8
Attention: Privacy Officer